The second playtest for Echoes was held yesterday, and again we got some really good feedback and had a lot of fun.
The feedback we received was very promising, as it was all an improvement compared to the last play-test. The narrative text I'd written up while horribly ropey, was fedback as being better than having nothing there at all and helped make the game make a lot more sense. However there was still a lot of feedback which told us we needed to draw more attention to the little girl within the level - something the unity team has discussed and we now plan to do through camera cuts to the little girl when she's preforming her little acting pieces. The narrative is still considered the weakest point of the game, which is something I agree with as I haven't spent much time developing it and writing the in game text so I can see how it's struggling. Hopefully I can have time to fix that before hand in.
General feedback allowed us to conclude that the combat was much better received than it had before, and we had a lot less glitches than we did previously. The jumping on the centaurs head to kill it issue was removed, which was great and meant that they were a more challenging enemy. People felt that there should have been more little dragons around the level, so we're going to look at adding more.
Claire and Dean together have pretty much informed me of every single gap in my invisible wall, which I shall be tightening up in the next week...

No comments:
Post a Comment