Friday, 3 May 2013

Artists and Animators deadlines today!

Artists deadline for all props and textures was today, but as a lot of my artists have been struggle to get their textures done in time so instead I've stated that this deadline is now for models only, and instead all artists must hand me a jpeg which represents the textures they plan to use, for example, tree_diffuse.jpeg file which is simply blank, but it means I can assign the texture within the engine, and set up the prop, and then when I am given the updated texture I just need to drag and drop over the blank texture and the file will automatically update!

The deadline for the textures is now Monday, and then anything after that I can not guarantee will go into the file game build. I have alerted all the 2nd years in the project to this deadline, and they have said they will try their best to meet it, however with all of the collaborative projects wanting their assets at the same time it's understandable that people who are on multiple projects are struggling to get their art assets over in time.

The animators have their final animation deadline today, and all of the animations will be imported into the unity file over the weekend by Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment