Thursday, 9 May 2013

Final Meeting tomorrow

I stopped updating every single weekly we had on this blog as I felt I was repeating myself a lot. However, tomorrow is going to be our last weekly before the end of the project!

I just wanted to say I feel that these weeklys have really kept the team focused and on target. The fact that everyone constantly knows what everyone's working on, how that's going into the engine and getting feedback from their peers (and people doing similar work) has really helped the team stay focused and understand how they can best keep fit with and motivate each other.

We have held a meeting every week of major project production, in CA302, Friday morning.

These weeklys have also been a great opportunity for us to share new features we've learnt in programs, explained different rig features people have forgotten about, show people by example how things go into unity.

They have also helped me gauge how well everyone is doing, and given me a really good idea how how likily it is people are going to be meeting deadlines, and if not, how acceptable my requests are. These meetings allow me to reguarally change the game's intentions and plans for our final build along with knowledge of what the team are capable of producing. While in an obvious way, this includes removing content we can no longer get done, this also includes adding more. Such as when Gareth and Dai said we should considering doing a bigger boss dragon, the knowledge of how far the team had managed with what they had so far let me know that it was possible to expand it without putting too much stress on the team.

In future projects I shall definitely intend to keep this level of communication up again. As even when people turned up to a meeting and said 'been working on my personal this week, so haven't got much done', that felt vital to know and meant that progress didn't feel it had just dissappered.

No comments:

Post a Comment