I'v been having some problems with the Dragon Puzzle which is the first puzzle, atm it's meant to be bringing the idea of sacrifice into the game, as the main character sacrifices his humanity to the environment and is further tricked into the environment by the little girl trying to escape.
But, I don't think it's working, and all the ideas I come up with to strengthen this theme involves things we don't have the resources to do (have the human version of the main character to start, and then gradually transform as he completes more puzzles, that sort of thing). So I'm thinking of taking this theme out, and instead having it that the puzzles are like 'tests' or challanges that the character must solve to prove his worth, and then be tricked. Which I'm going to convey this theme and information through diary pages found on the ground.
So instead I'm going to change this puzzle so that you get poisoned, and have to pick the right health font to get healed from, the others poison you further. I'm thinking of having some symbols on the statues so you can work out which will be the right one.


No comments:
Post a Comment